After two years of writing on Blogger, two blog titles (A Doula, Too and Feminist Childbirth Studies), and 160 posts, I'm ready to move into my own space. I'll continue with my usual weekly posting but at First the Egg, a web site that will include extensive information as well as my blog. Please do follow me over, change your links, update your blogroll, spread the word, get in touch with any feedback or suggestions you may have, and enjoy the new site!
09 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi! I thought this might be a good time to say hello as you are saying goodbye to this blog. I wanted to let you know that you are one of the main triggers for my becoming a doula! :)
I shall explain, haha:
Shortly after I graduated from undergrad an email went out on the Carolina Women's Center listserv about a reading group that was being started about feminism and childbirth. I e-mailed you to let you know that it sounded like a really interesting group and even though I had moved away I'd love to be kept updated on what you all were reading and discussing, and you gave me the link to your "And a Doula, too" blog. I thought "oh cool she's a doula!" and I've been following it since then!
And from your blog I found more pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding/parenting blogs, and my interest grew. And I realized that it wasn't until I started reading your blog that I began my serious interest in childbirth studies, or had even thought about doulas since the day I first heard the word (which was actually from a UNC Med Anth class).
So I want to say a big THANK YOU for everything that you didn't even know you were contributing to, because now I am a doula and have a blog of my own :) http://anthrodoula.blogspot.com
All the best,
Emily (go tar heels!)
Hey, thanks, Emily! It's great to hear that. Hope you enjoy the new site as well.
Post a Comment